dimanche 25 novembre 2007

Murphy's Manuka Honey & Orange Blossom Ice Cream - Mom is taking over the blog!

And now, ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to present my mother's contribution to the Testers/Tasters food blogging event: Murphy's Manuka Honey and Orange Blossom ice cream.



We live in New Zealand, so I used artisan-made manuka honey - very strong and dark. The recipe was pretty much followed* and the results are nice, if a little too sweet for my taste.

The honey gave the ice cream a very strong taste, and a slightly gooey texture. Comments from testers were that it was as if corn syrup had been added to the mixture (or golden syrup, depending on the origin of the testers!)

Everyone enjoyed the taste and texture of the manuka honey, but very few were able to identify the other ingredient (orange water). I would suggest following note #2 and using a lesser amount of manuka honey to make sure the orange blossom perfume comes through.

And the flowers in the picture above are, in fact, orange blossoms - freshly picked from the garden on a beautiful spring day.

The recipe is here.

* I must say I am impressed. My mother sometimes rarely never follows recipes... Kieran Murphy, you are one lucky cookbook author!

Aucun commentaire: